Might you want to join?
We are looking for a new IPTN board member (in the role of Treasurer) who are prepared, as part of the current team, to take over responsibilities in support of IPTN and the Playback Theatre Community. We especially welcome applications from candidates representing different geographical areas, ethnic groups, gender, religion, etc. to ensure an equitable and fair representation of a diverse PB community within the IPTN board. Since IPTN is registered in USA, we are looking for a Treasurer with the capabilities to provide annual reports to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and to the state of New York.
The IPTN is a membership organization whose mission is to support the development of Playback Theatre worldwide and to facilitate connections between people interested in this unique theatre form. We seek to inspire and enrich one another, encouraging integrity, relevance and dynamism in Playback Theatre practice globally.
The IPTN provides an independent, inclusive and global platform that strengthens Playback Theatre Practice through connection and mutual influence.
- Experienced and enthusiastic practitioner in Playback Theatre
- Very good command of spoken and written English
- Ability to travel to conferences and board meetings at least every 2 years
- Strong communication skills
- Computer knowledge and skills, including bookkeeping.
- Organizing and planning skills
- Strong teamwork skills
The Treasurer is an essential part of the IPTN Board, and you will actively support our organization and demonstrate leadership in alignment with our mission, vision and ethical principles.
The Treasurer will help the board to oversee the financial possibilities for our voluntary work and will have all the benefits of an IPTN board member: a position to discuss and influence Playback Theatre around the world, limited support to travel to IPTN board meetings and conferences where they are representing IPTN, and a wonderful and enthusiastic group of people to work with!
The Treasurer will be provided training from the previous Treasurer.
You should be prepared to be involved or take responsibilities in the following areas:
- Maintain Playback Theatre, Inc. as nonprofit corporation in the USA – provide annual report to the IRS and state of New York.
- Maintain bank account (currently at Wells Fargo in USA). Interact with bankers when necessary (such as changing signers, or sending wire transfers). Send occasional international wire transfers as necessary. Make occasional deposits of membership dues paid by cheque.
- Monitor the Paypal accounts, transfer money received to bank, download reports on a regular basis.
- Oversee and monitor other IPTN accounts, e.g. in Europe.
- Record all transactions in accounting software (Quickbooks), receive monthly bank statements, and do bank reconciliations in Quickbooks to confirm accuracy.
- Develop the budget from requests made by the IPTN President and other Board members, and monitor it as necessary to make sure cash flow is sustainable.
- Prepare regular and on request, ad-hoc financial reports for the Board, with a summary version for the IPTN membership and the public through the IPTN Journal and website.
- Attend Board meetings and propose relevant improvements discussed by the Board from the perspective of the budget and the funds available, along with any other financial and legal implications.
- Follow and participate in email conversations among board members – this can be time- consuming when issues require extensive discussion.
There is no need for sophisticated accounting skills.
If you feel attracted by taking up responsibilities in the IPTN board (in the role of Treasurer) as described above and you require additional information, please feel free to contact via email@example.com or apply directly here by the 28th of February 2021. Please note that your application should be supported by two references with a statement about your team skills.
We are looking forward to hear from you!